Re: Challenge for Roy, Mark, or Linonut

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 06 September 2007 13:59 : \____

>> ____/ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on Thursday 06 September 2007 08:28 : \____
>>
>>> Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>>   ^^^^^^^^^

>>        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9771375-16.html
>>
>> Headline: "If corrupt, vote for OOXML"
>>

>> Tim Smith = corrupt .
>>

> I wonder how much he costs?

Sweden was bought for only $30,000, IIRC. That's not bad. About a third of a
cent per capita.

I wonder how cheap Colombia was. The currency there is different and it's among
the first countries where we found a breathtaking (yet in this case
unsurprising) case of corruption. Among about 13 voters, at lease 9 were
Microsoft partners. Imagine Microsoft getting prepared for a 'national'
meeting and making a decision. They just end up saying, "hey, who invited
you, 'other guys'?" and overwhelm the panel, whose chairman was in many cases
a Microsoft partners as well. In Switzerland, the chairman ignore and overrode
the advice and decision of the panel after speaking to someone from Microsoft.
In Portugal, unless you were a Microsoft partner, you couldn't get into the
meeting. Same story in Germany!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"
 14:20:02 up 30 days, 17:13,  5 users,  load average: 2.24, 1.22, 1.06