Re: Challenge for Roy, Mark, or Linonut

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 06 September 2007 14:54 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 06 September 2007 13:59 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> I wonder how much he costs?
>>
>> Sweden was bought for only $30,000, IIRC. That's not bad. About a third of a
>> cent per capita.
>>
>> I wonder how cheap Colombia was. The currency there is different and it's
>> among the first countries where we found a breathtaking (yet in this case
>> unsurprising) case of corruption. Among about 13 voters, at lease 9 were
>> Microsoft partners. Imagine Microsoft getting prepared for a 'national'
>> meeting and making a decision. They just end up saying, "hey, who invited
>> you, 'other guys'?" and overwhelm the panel, whose chairman was in many
>> cases a Microsoft partners as well. In Switzerland, the chairman ignore and
>> overrode the advice and decision of the panel after speaking to someone from
>> Microsoft. In Portugal, unless you were a Microsoft partner, you couldn't
>> get into the meeting. Same story in Germany!
>>

> I wish we still had proper investigative journalism - this story alone
> is earth-shattering in its depth and complexity of corruption - this
> organisation is like a drugs cartel, only worse, because it /appears/ to
> be legitimate to the casual observer, and further, has the /backing/ of
> major western governments.  Perhaps it's more like a cigarette company?

Don't worry. These stories about corruption have very wide coverage in
mainstream media that even John Bloggs reads. Among those who reported these
stories you have:

* Me
* Rob
* Pamela
* Bob
* <No>OOXML
* Andy, but being in the LF, he was careful not to mention bad stuff

So there! Now the whole world knows about what happened. [the homour of
desperation /]

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Double your drive space - delete Windows"
Swap:  1510068k total,   531840k used,   978228k free,    47364k cached