[News] Embedded Linux Gets More Sophisticated, Tiny Linux Board Gets LCD Module

  • Subject: [News] Embedded Linux Gets More Sophisticated, Tiny Linux Board Gets LCD Module
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:33:18 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Tiny Linux SBCs gain LCD modules

,----[ Quote ]
| Gumstix has started shipping an LCD expansion board for its tiny,
| Linux-oriented, PXA270-based Verdex single-board computer (SBC).
`----

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS2076671742.html

Commercial OSS Holding Their Own Despite Migration to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Balacco, “This trend could continue to put pressure on
| commercial OS suppliers’ and their business models as OEMs consider the
| growing sophistication of publicly available Linux solutions and leverage the
| perceived benefits in terms of source code availability, reduced costs, and
| community support as an alternative to continuing to use a commercial OS in
| future device development projects.”
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/embedded/11700/commercial-oss-holding-their-own-despite-migration-linux

Another one:

JTAG emulator supports native Linux on DaVinci DM355

Linux gains support in mobile communications

,----[ Quote ]
| 'Based on what we have been told by our contacts in the industry,
| Nokia's choice to further support Linux is representative of a
| shift to Linux as a whole', commented IMS Research Senior
| Analyst Alison Bogle.
`----

http://www.electronicstalk.com/news/isr/isr106.html

Linux is de facto OS for TV set-top boxes

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.edn.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA6426925&partner=eb&spacedesc=news
http://tinyurl.com/2zofx9