Re: [News] Reviwewers Still Sneeze at Windows Home Server, Incompatible with Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 05 September 2007 09:31 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 04 September 2007 18:35 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> As £130 Million has made its way to Microsoft, I wonder if any has been
>>> making it /back/ to the trustees and Mr Highfield?  Is there financial
>>> corruption going on here?
>>
>> Probably. That's how OOXML/ISO fiasco worked as well. Microsoft sends
>> E-mails to third-world country asking them to E-mail ISO with a last-minute
>> vote on OOMXL (guess in whose favour). In return...
>>

> There must be some reason why Ashley Highfield would be deliberately
> choosing to back a system which is never likely to work with anything
> other than a particular flavour of Microsoft's operating system.  We
> really are left with incompetence (so sack him) or corrruption (sack him
> and prosecute).

One person whom I can't name is looking into this. There's apparently a broader
plan. Why should Brits be urged to ditch Windows 2000 to access content thet
have already paid for?

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    YaSTall Linux to figure out the magic
Cpu(s): 27.4%us,  4.8%sy,  1.0%ni, 62.0%id,  4.4%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st