Re: [News] [Rival] Ireland, the UK, and Korea Say "No" to Microsoft Monopoly (OOXML)

> ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 04 September 2007 04:22 : \____

>>> UK response to the draft international standard, ISO/IEC DIS 29500
>>> OOXML (ECMA 376)
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>
>> That's a pleasant surprise. I felt sure they'd vote an outright "yes".
>>
>> WOOT!
>
> I thought so as well, with all that Microsoft solidarity.  National Archives
> us /RUN/ by a Microsoft exec, the British Library is uncomfortable close to
> Microsoft (like twins separated at birth) and the BBC is failled with
> Microsoft execs and former execs (it's a puppet state).

I wonder if our exposees are having some impact?  They cannot be going
unnoticed, and I know that quite a few journalists do read cola through
google.  I've also been able to highlight to a couple of analysts I know
that the BBC's solution has various problems and what they are, so word
must be getting around.  Also, we have Gordon Brown, a new PM in place,
who's nowhere near so pro-Bush as brown-necking-Blair was, so it could
well be that there is some governmental backing off from some of these
deals.

Furthermore, we do still have some people with integrity here and
there...