[News] Vista Has People Looking at Linux Laptops, Mac Users Jealous?

  • Subject: [News] Vista Has People Looking at Linux Laptops, Mac Users Jealous?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 02:31:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
No-nonsense Notebook

,----[ Quote ]
| While the world’s waited for Vista, the alternatives—Linux and Mac OS X—have
| had the time to garner some attention; fans of those systems have lost no
| opportunity to tempt you to forsake Microsoft and join their ranks.
`----

http://www.thinkdigit.com/index.php?action=article&prodid=1073

Ubuntu and ThinkPad X60, an ideal match

,----[ Quote ]
| Even my wife, a long-time Apple user, is eyeing out my neat little X60
| enviously.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=1695

Related:

Fear and Loathing in Cupertino

,----[ Quote ]
| It wasn't until later, giving the same presentation at Linux World that
| I'd missed giving at the Apple show, that I realized that Apple were
| scared of the SuSE Linux desktop I was using. They didn't want
| customers to see anything other than Apple-badged everything at
| their show. Especially if it was something better. They were
| scared of their customers even seeing a choice.
`----

http://www.tuxdeluxe.org/node/175

[Opinion] Switch to Linux? No. Get a Mac Clone.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://linuxscorecard.blogspot.com/2007/03/switch-to-linux-no-get-mac-clone.html
http://tinyurl.com/3bsk5l