[News] Microsoft Bans the Word "Linux"?

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Bans the Word "Linux"?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 02:22:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Word “LINUX” is inappropriate in XBOX Live

,----[ Quote ]
| I love Linux and the XBOX 360, so yesterday I tried to include the
| word “LINUX” in the motto section on XBOX Live. I was stunned when I got a
| message saying “Your motto contains inappropriate language. Please try
| again”.
`----

http://riverag.com/2007/09/03/the-word-linux-is-inappropriate-in-xbox-live/

Related:

Yahoo! Answers is rejecting Open-Source options in answers

,----[ Quote ]
| Someone got a computer from a friend that has some serious problems
| with Windows. S/he has none of the disks (XP or restore) and was
| asking for recommendations.
|
| [...]
|
| How is recommending freely available and legal alternatives abuse?
| ImgBurn is also a perfectly legal program, so are Ubuntu and Kubuntu
| (they're Linux).
`----

http://amandakerik.wordpress.com/2007/04/23/yahoo-answers-is-rejecting-open-source-options-in-answers/
http://tinyurl.com/ywglv7