Re: [News] Mono is Still Coverging with the Windows API

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Mono 1.2.5 released, supports IronPython and DLR
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Mono 1.2.5 reflects the rapid pace at which Mono is evolving. With
> | strong support for C# 3.0 and IronPython, Mono is clearly a robust and
> | versatile platform for open source software development.
> `----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/08/31/mono-1-2-5-released-supports-ironpython-and-dlr

I'm very impressed with mono, mainly the commanline c# side of it, I haven't
used it for web except to try it for a project I was doing, but settled on
php-ajax instead.

On the commandline though, it is a means for c++/c# users to get quick
results in scripts because it is exactly the language that they are used
to.

I think that commandline mono will catch on. The web application side should
pick up once the documentation catches up, at the moment every path I
looked at with the project I was doing I was hitting main classes/functions
that I would have had to guess the parameters for, I don't know about you,
call me cowardly if you like, but I tend to be averse to guessing such
things :)