Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Has Memory Overflow Issues, Need 2GB of RAM

____/ [H]omer on Sunday 02 September 2007 07:56 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
>
>>    "The only long-term fix for that problem will be to run both the
>>    64-bit versions of Windows and 64-bit versions of the games
>>    themselves, hardly a good option for gamers right now. Microsoft says
>>    that "Independent software vendors (ISVs) are strongly encouraged to
>>    port their games to native 64-bit applications" and stresses that it
>>    offers both driver and software authors tools and assistance in
>>    porting to a 64-bit platform. For anyone who wondered if consumers
>>    would ever wind up requiring a 64-bit address space, that time is
>>    fast approaching. In our view, the application and driver support
>>    can't come fast enough."
>
> Sun, Adobe ... are you listening, you bunch of Luddites?

I've been butting heads with jd from Adobe (mainly in Digg) for quite some
time. He really doesn't like us "freetards" (Dan Lyons steretypes), but he
also doesn't like it when people become vocal and speak against Adobe's
secretive and proprietary agenda. They are not as evil as Microsoft, but it's
still no JavaScript.

Adobe will need to sidle with the pro-consumer side if they want to survive the
next decade. The Web isn't becoming proprietary although Microsoft and Adobe
try to make it so.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Hack to learn, don't learn to hack"