Re: [News] Is Windows "a Cancer" to GPL? Microsoft Subjected to GPL?

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 01 September 2007 19:12 : \____

>> ____/ Linonut on Saturday 01 September 2007 13:47 : \____
>>
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
>>> wisdom:

>>> I like that (reminds me of the "Real Men Don't Use Pascal" pastiche of a
>>> couple decades ago).
>>
>> Pascal was the first P/L that I used. :-(
>>
> It is a fairly typical teaching language.

I did some command-line (batch) before that, but Pascal was on the school's
curriculum. It was fun and easy. Nowadays, programmers get replaced by the
role which is system architect. Free software and reuse means that
customisation and reuse (or even extension) are all that's needed. Of course,
there are masochists like DFS who wish to reinvent the wheel, poorly.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Those who can, Open-Source
Cpu(s): 27.4%us,  4.8%sy,  1.0%ni, 61.9%id,  4.4%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st