Re: [News] Apple's Linux Lock Goes Kaput, New iPods Will Work Just Fine

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 20 September 2007 16:14 : \____

> Peter Köhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> 1st Lt Jean Poole wrote:
>>

>>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> So *only* the iPod classic will be supported.
>>>
>>> What a "victory" for linux.
>>>

>> Don't think that this stays that way
>>
>> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/125039/ipod-linux-lockout-defeated.html
>>
>> Wow, that took long...
>>
>> Only, it shows one thing for sure: Apple does not want third party support
>> of the hardware. In that case, I would say apple should eat their shit.
>> People should simply buy other hardware, which is often better than the
>> apple stuff, and in all cases less expensive
>
> Just don't buy apple.  It's easy.

It's a harder situation, however, when you try to convince people to switch to
Linux. Once they use Linux, it's an entirely different story. Same issue with
ODF /translation/ versus the persistent use of ODF.

Steve Ballmer is even monkier than his moniker suggests
         run-level 2  2007-09-10 01:53                   last=