[News] SCO Entered a Losing Battle, Microsoft Might be Next

  • Subject: [News] SCO Entered a Losing Battle, Microsoft Might be Next
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:48:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
SCO Lawsuits: 'Misguided From the Start'

,----[ Quote ]
| One takeaway of the SCO filing is that "dubious legal claims are not a
| business strategy," said Amanda McPherson, marketing director for the Linux
| Foundation. "Building a business on Linux, instead of attacking it, has led
| to prosperity. Compare SCO and Red Hat, for instance," she said.
`----

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/7fPaWU1asLvfB6/SCO-Lawsuits-Misguided-From-the-Start.xhtml

Microsoft must 'change its illegal behavior'

,----[ Quote ]
| "Let me be clear, ladies and gentlemen, there is one company that will have
| to change its illegal behavior as a result of this ruling, and that is
| Microsoft," Kroes said at a news conference.
`----

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/332064_msfteu18.html?source=mypi

Related:

Microsoft send extortionate threat to Kroes...

Microsoft Hard-Balling EU Over Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| "This is part of the negotiating strategy," a person familiar with the
| situation told internetnews.com. "They're in a public relations battle."
|
| Microsoft made the same threat to South Korean regulators, but did not
| follow through when they lost that battle.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3631041

Microsoft foresees more suits in Japan

,----[ Quote ]
| A legal battle between Microsoft and Japanese anti-monopoly authorities
| is likely to conclude next year and might lead to lawsuits or other
| patent infringement complaints against the U.S. software company,
| an executive said Thursday.
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft has been slapped with hefty fines by European Union regulators,
| who have said Microsoft broke competition laws and abused its dominant
| market position.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070412/ap_on_hi_te/japan_microsoft

European Commission denies favouring open source

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/30012007/152/european-commission-denies-favouring-open-source.html