[News] TinyME (PCLinuxOS) Reviewed, New Version of KateOS Released

  • Subject: [News] TinyME (PCLinuxOS) Reviewed, New Version of KateOS Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:56:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ReviewLinux.Com: TinyME Packs a Big Punch

,----[ Quote ]
| TinyME Test 6 was announced today on Distrowatch.Com and we thought we would
| take a quick look at it. This little distro packs a big punch and we enjoyed
| the ride. Take a short look at our Flash Video of TinyME Linux based on the
| user friendly PCLinuxOS.
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/index.php?m=show&id=7082

KateOS 3.6 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The final version of KateOS 3.6 is now available. This version represents
| eight months of development, and we can proudly say that this time was not
| wasted. KateOS now fulfills our users' requirements better than ever, while
| being both modern and stable. This new version contains hundreds of updated
| packages, lots of bugfixes, and many improved solutions.
`----

http://kateos.org/

Related:

TinyMe Test 5 released!

,----[ Quote ]
| The changes for test 5 are almost too numerous to mention. This will
| hopefully be our last test release before TinyMe Final.
`----

http://www.mypclinuxos.com/tinyme/tinyme-test-5-released/

TinyMe - The little distro that could

,----[ Quote ]
| This derivative version of PCLOS really is a tiny little gem that's slowly,
| but surely growing into a much bigger diamond.  I look forward to the
| eventual final release of this distribution in the near future.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=270

Mini Review of a Tiny PCLOS

,----[ Quote ]
| TinyMe is a scaled down version of PCLinuxOS 2007. The latest version
| is delivered as a 177 MB liveCD and features the Lightweight X11
| Desktop Enviroment, Synaptic, and the PCLinuxOS Control Center. It
| comes with a few applications, so it could be a really light version
| of PCLOS for older computers or a foundation on which to build your
| own system as you choose.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/17717

KateOS 3.6 Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| As was outlined in a previous Phoronix article, we have been
| evaluating KateOS as a possible Linux distribution to append to
| our arsenal of OS compatibility tests. Recently KateOS 3.6 Beta
| was introduced and we have went over this distribution with a
| fine tooth comb. KateOS 3.6 Beta is a huge improvement for the
| KateOS team with the improvements to the LiveCD as well as for
| the installation process. Shipping with this beta is everything
| from OpenOffice.org to Xine, making it a viable desktop
| distribution powered by Xfce.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=693&num=1

Damn Small Linux 3.4 RC1 arrives

,----[ Quote ]
| The Damn Small Linux (DSL) project team on June 19 announced the availability
| of the first release candidate of the next version of its live CD
| mini-distribution based on Debian Linux. Damn Small Linux 3.4 features a
| 2.4.26 kernel and a lightweight Fluxbox desktop environment, the team said.

KateOS LIVE 3.2 beta -- a lightweight dektop

,----[ Quote ]
| KateOS is a Polish (and polished!) distribution which is
| completely community-driven. The effects of the community
| work are pretty impressive. Kate is original and has its
| own feeling. Each new release of the system brings a few
| decent innovations and offers an even better GNU/Linux
| lightweight multimedia desktop. In my opinion it will soon
| be able to compete with other popular lightweight Linux-based
| systems like Xubuntu or Zenwalk. It just needs some
| more hard work.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/linux/kateos/kateos-live-32-beta-a-lightweight-dektop/

KateOS 3.2: Installation Made Easy