[News] Reasons to Move to Linux and Early Experiences with Linux

  • Subject: [News] Reasons to Move to Linux and Early Experiences with Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:28:33 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Reasons to Switch to Ubuntu from Microsoft Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| There are many valid reasons to switch from Microsoft Windows to Ubuntu
| Linux. Both the general computer user and corporations can benefit from the
| switch to Ubuntu. Do not worry if you have never heard of Ubuntu, I will
| briefly introduce you to the best free Linux distribution available.
`----

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/377485/reasons_to_switch_to_ubuntu_from_microsoft.html

There's Linux in Them Thar Hills

,----[ Quote ]
| From the outside, the Linux house looks like a decrepit shack. But
| appearances can be deceiving. Open the creaking front door, and you discover
| an opulent interior that stretches out spaciously. (It's like the phenomenon
| of Doctor Who's Tardis: On the outside, a tiny police call box, yet inside, a
| sprawling timeship.)
|
| But wait! The Linux house feels oddly familiar.
`----

http://technology.inc.com/software/articles/200211/24853.html

Related:

Seven Financial Reasons to Use Linux in the Enterprise

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.cio.com/article/127053