Re: But Nintendo blows Microsoft away Re: PS3 flops; Xbox 360 surges

____/ Rex Ballard on Saturday 15 September 2007 17:22 : \____

> On Sep 15, 8:44 am, "Mike" <mv011e9...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The USA NPD results for August show the Xbox 360 outselling the PS3 2:1
>> while all other consoles except from the 360 dropped sales from the previous
>> months:
>>
>>     * Nintendo Wii: 403.6K (4 million total)
>>     * Nintendo DS: 383.3K (12.7 million total)
>
>>     * Microsoft Xbox 360: 276.7K (6.3 million)
> Notice that Microsoft is offering only 1 product.  While Nintendo and
> Sony are offering several options.
>
> Microsoft 276K vs
> Nintendo 786K vs
> Sony     483K
>
> Doesn't look like Microsoft has to worry about monopoly actions in
> this market.
>
> Unfortunately, that's about 276k PCs that weren't sold as PCs.
> And the competition might have generated another 1.5 million machines
> that weren't PCs.
>
> Still, that's less than 1% of the total PC market, so I don't think
> Microsoft really needs to worry about going bankrupt over the failure
> of the Xbox.

The United States market is also probably its strongest for Microsoft. Being
the 'home country', it's akin to comparing figures in Japan, where Nintendo
outsells Microsoft roughly 30:1.

>>     * Sony PlayStation 2: 202K (39.1 million total)
>>     * Sony PSP: 151.2K (8.3 million total)
>>     * Sony PlayStation 3: 130.6K (1.75 million total)

.oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
.oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq