[News] Caldera Launches New Linux, Uses Ubuntu Codebase

  • Subject: [News] Caldera Launches New Linux, Uses Ubuntu Codebase
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:39:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Caldera RIP Version 7.22 Debuts

,----[ Quote ]
| Caldera Graphics has launched version 7.22 of its wide-format RIP solution.
| Now installable on Kubuntu 7.04 (an easier-to-use, more stable, and
| universally adopted Linux system, Caldera reports), the RIP's new features
| include:
`----

http://www.bigpicture.net/index.php?openchan=yes&channelnum=5&content=4228&displaynow=yes

Not quite name collision.

Related:

Caldera Hardening Linux for the Enterprise; Tried to "Guillotine" SCO Brand,
"Kill SCO Product Line"

,----[ Quote ]
| I'd say SCO has some 'splainin' to do to the court as to why it said it
| never encouraged customers or partners to use Linux instead of Unix.

Bryan Sparks in the late 1990s on Linux v. Unix in the Enterprise

,----[ Quote ]