[News] A Vista 'Forced Upgrade' Conspiracy and More DST Woes Ahead

  • Subject: [News] A Vista 'Forced Upgrade' Conspiracy and More DST Woes Ahead
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 06:00:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft's plans for XP

,----[ Quote ]
| In yet another conspiracist theory, I explain how Microsoft plans to phase
| out XP and force upgrades to Vista.

More screwups ahead?

Microsoft preps customers early in hopes of avoiding DST fallout

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=718

Related:

Bang Goes the DST Time Bomb

,----[ Quote ]
| Monday brought more jeers than cheers from IT organizations
| about daylight-saving time fixes and the immediate impact
| on Microsoft software.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/business_applications/bang_goes_the_dst_time_bomb.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/ynsvra

Microsoft Customers Irate over Daylight-Saving Time Woes

,----[ Quote ]
| Updated: This year's daylight-saving time change is causing major
| frustration for IT administrators running Microsoft programs that
| need to be individually patched to reflect the change.

No Saving Time in Microsoft DST Patches?

,----[ Quote ]
| IT managers are feeling grumpy about Microsoft's preparations for
| this year's early daylight-saving time. If anything, the situation
| shines another glaring light on patch management problems, how long
| Microsoft supports products and how much longer businesses tend to
| use them.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/no_saving_time_in_microsoft_dst_patches.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/2rvf3a

Microsoft customers melting down over Daylight Saving patches

,----[ Quote ]
| A number of users in the DST chat room are reporting problems
| getting their Blackberry servers and devices to sync up with
| their DST-patched Exchange servers. Others, in spite of Microsoft
| warnings to apply DST patches in a specific order, are running
| into problems because they are attempting to patch Exchange
| before Windows.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=307

Microsoft Cuts Price of Daylight Savings Time Patches

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,129550-c,industrynews/article.html