[News] Insights from a Movement for Free Formats

  • Subject: [News] Insights from a Movement for Free Formats
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 06:03:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Spread Open Media: Free Formats Benefit Free Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves, Project Manager of the Spread Open Media project,
| discusses the project's beginning and goals, namely to help spread awareness
| and adoption of Free/Libre media formats.
`----

http://blue-gnu.biz/content/spread_open_media_free_formats_benefit_free_software

Recent:

Free Music Project

,----[ Quote ]
| Our first project is with OLPC, the One Laptop per Child project, also
| commonly referred to as the $100 Laptop.
`----

http://freemusic.freeculture.org/

Related:

Linux-powered Mobile Internet Device video walkthrough

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/05/linux-powered-mobile-internet-device-video-walkthrough/