[News] MySQL Keeps Epanding and Hiring Ahead of New Release and IPO

  • Subject: [News] MySQL Keeps Epanding and Hiring Ahead of New Release and IPO
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:12:07 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
MySQL Previews Upcoming Releases

,----[ Quote ]
| MySQL plans to launch alpha and beta versions of several new free and
| open-source software products in September, including a release candidate of
| the latest version of its database software.

MySQL AB Plans to Release New Versions of Open Source Database

"MySQL is Hiring!"

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/application/11925/mysql-ab-plans-release-new-versions-soon-database

Related:

Cream 3.0 released, switches to MySQL

,----[ Quote ]
| Campware has released a new version of Cream, an open source customer
| relationship management (CRM) system for media organizations. The new release
| sports a switch to MySQL and a number of other new features and changes.
|
| [,,,]
|
| All Campware applications are released under the GNU General Public License
| (GPL).
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/118382

Linux database becomes a browser

,----[ Quote ]
| What Strata doesn't lack is muscle. Nate Williams told us that it's a
| full-blooded database, capable of handling a billion records. "We already
| have clients using it with 100m record data bases," he said. "We can sort a
| million records in a minute; so if you sort a ten million record data base,
| it takes ten minutes."
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/07/kirix_browser_database/

Open source here to stay, says MySQL CEO Marten Mickos

,----[ Quote ]
| "Microsoft can use [its] money in other ways to threaten free and open-source
| software, and I'm sure that they have," Mickos said. "But I think we will see
| less of that in the future because they've done it and it hasn't helped
| them." Many Microsoft customers use open-source products and find it
| challenging when the company makes it harder to integrate Microsoft products
| and open-source software, he said.
|
| "I'm not too worried," Mickos said. "This open source movement is so strong
| that nothing can stop it anymore."
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=operating_systems&articleId=9027662&taxonomyId=89&intsrc=kc_top
http://tinyurl.com/2rjmtn

MySQL Set For IPO?

,----[ Quote ]
| Investor says maker of crucial Web 2.0 component has reached the stage when
| the world expects it to list.
`----

http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=22940&hed=MySQL+Set+For+IPO%20&sector=Industries&subsector=Computing

MySQL K.K. to Strengthen its Presence in the Japanese Database Market

,----[ Quote ]
| MySQL K.K., the Japanese arm of the open source database developer MySQL AB,
| has announced three new initiatives aimed at strengthening its expansion in
| the Japanese market.
`----

http://www.mysolutioninfo.com/news-display.aspx?Code=1971&t=MySQL%20K.K
%20to%20Strengthen%20its%20Presence%20in%20the%20Japanese%20Database%20Market