Re: Microsoft, Novell Win Key Linux Customers

____/ John Bailo, Texeme.Construct on Tuesday 11 September 2007 19:24 : \____

> http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201805463
>
> <quote>
> Add Siemens and BMW to the list of major corporations that have agreed
> to buy Novell(NOVL)'s Linux software and services through
> Microsoft(MSFT).
>
> Under a deal disclosed late Monday, the German manufacturers will
> purchase from Microsoft certificates that entitle them to three years
> of service and support for SUSE Enterprise Linux from Novell.
> Financial terms were not disclosed.
>
> Both BMW and Siemens said they plan to run a combination of Linux and
> Microsoft Windows in their data centers. "Interoperability remains one
> of the top challenges for our customers," said Susan Heystee, Novell's
> VP and general manager for strategic alliances, in a statement.
> </quote>

The 3-year-old Novell reaches for Microsoft hand, spits out the pacifier, and
asks, "can we please have some customer? Is that OK?"

Novell is in a very bizarre situation and it's an embarrassment to see how it
gets its business now.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
         run-level 2  2007-09-10 01:53                   last=