Re: Ubuntu Autopreviewing .MP3's

____/ ed on Tuesday 11 September 2007 22:47 : \____

> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:04:41 +0900
> High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Just now I hovered the mouse over an MP3 icon in the default
>> Nautilus 2.18.1 file viewer.  File started to play immediately,
>> but only as long as I hovered the mouse over top the file icon.
>>
>> Neat!
>
> Nautilus is a default file manager in many distros, it's been doing
> this for a long time, but I prefer file managers that don't do stuff.
> Thunar is pretty good at that, and several others. So, it's not just
> Ubuntu.
>
> You might like 'mc' also, that's a very powerful browser.

The features that enables you to see text (PDF or plain-text files) as an icon
and directory icons that reflect on their contents are nice features as well.
Konqueror had this in KDE 3.1 (around 2003) at the very earlier. Maybe it has
been there for 6 years.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Prevalence does not imply ideali$M
Tasks: 105 total,   1 running, 103 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie