Re: [News] Fedora's Leader Demonstrates the Power of Customisation

____/ [H]omer on Sunday 30 September 2007 13:12 : \____

>> Customized spins of Fedora
>
> I'm considering using Revisor to spin a Gobuntu-like distro based on
> Fedora, but with none of the encumbered components (i.e. Mono), hosting
> the distro and updates on Slated. I certainly have enough disk quota and
> bandwidth for that purpose, should I go ahead with it.
>
> We'll see.

I'm thinking about publishing an article about Gobuntu or Free Linuxes next
week. Ubuntu, unlike Fedora, leaves a bad taste in some people's mouth. It
gets worse when you get started with SU$E/Lindows/Lin$pire/Xandro$oft...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it responds the second time"
Swap:  1510068k total,   343712k used,  1166356k free,    65908k cached