Re: [News] Linux Device Claimed Better Than Apple's Offering

____/ Kier on Sunday 30 September 2007 16:01 : \____

> On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 12:45:02 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

>>> Archos 605 WiFi sticks it to the Apple Ipod Touch
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/09/27/archos-605-wifi
>>>

>> Mrs Mark has a 604 - it's an excellent device, although lacking the
>> wifi.  I can see that with wifi, it takes the capability a step further.
>
> I've got a 504, and I fancy a wifi touchscreen version, though presently I
> can't justify buying one. The only drawback with the 504 widescreen is
> it's a bit of a brick to carry around. But it's a quality piece of kit,
> even if it's not as pretty as the iPod.

I knew you had bought one, so I was hoping you would notice this bit of news.
It was quite a long time ago that you sought information about an Archos unit
and wrote a short review.

I tried a couple of Archos model at the airport and they were fantastic. I'll
probably have another chance to do it next week when I go on vacation. Dixon's
has them on display. Like The Inquirer, they have no mentioning of the fact
that it runs Linux.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Software patents destroy innovation
 17:00:01 up 20 days, 15:06,  5 users,  load average: 0.82, 0.66, 0.84