[News] SELinux Not as Hard as People Are Led to Believe

  • Subject: [News] SELinux Not as Hard as People Are Led to Believe
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:08:19 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
SELinux — is it *really* too complex?

,----[ Quote ]
| What I discovered is that part of SELinux’s current dilemma is more easily
| fixable than the other, because it has nothing to do with technological chops
| and everything to do with public perception. Jim Klein, the director of
| information services and technology at the California-based Saugus Union
| School District, put it best: “The biggest problem for SELinux is mindshare,”
| Klein told me. “It developed a stigma early on due to the lack of tools for
| configuration and troubleshooting, which led people to simply turn it off.”
| Currently, Klein is one of the many IT guys who has the SELinux switch in
| the “off” position.
`----

http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/09/26/selinux-is-it-really-too-complex/

Another easy transition...

Migrating to SugarCRM on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The first consideration is the platform from which you're migrating and, in
| particular, the impact of that move on Linux.
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1273416,00.html

Recent:

SELinux vs. OpenBSD's Default Security