Re: [News] Funny Article Advocating Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Jim Richardson on Sunday 30 September 2007 05:47 : \____

>> On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 04:57:48 +0100,
>>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> ____/ Jim Richardson on Sunday 30 September 2007 03:34 : \____

>>> There are two ways to look at this:
>>>
>>>         1. A distro that supports OOXML (or proprietary codecs for that
>>>         matter
>>>            inhibits it.
>>>
>>>         2. Support for OOXML has assisted attempts to make OOXML, which
>>>         is
>>>            vendor dependent and patent-encumbered, more widespread.
>>>

>> I'd prefer you simply answer the question,
>>
>>  When OOrg on the distro you use can support ooxml, does that mean you
>> are locked it?
>
> No.
>
> This question is rhetorical

No, it is extremely simple.
Does OO with OOXML "lock-in" the users?

> and you are not asking the right one.

Ah yes. So you are defining now which questions are "right" and "valid" and
can be asked. Naturally you will step down from the lofty heights you are
in only to answer "right" and "valid" questions beforehand deemed "worthy"

> I believe I never suggested this and I don't know how it came to you
> cornering me with an implicit accusation that I consider OOo a lock-in.

It is very simple: You did, and now you refuse an answer

You dance around an answer exactly like Snot when cornered and can't even
post a simple "yes" or "no"
--
If you're right 90% of the time, why quibble about the remaining 3%?