[News] Fedora Unity Improves Tools for Making Your Own Linux Distribution

  • Subject: [News] Fedora Unity Improves Tools for Making Your Own Linux Distribution
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 03:03:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Fedora Unity Releases Updated Fedora Linux 7 Re-Spins

,----[ uote ]
| Fedora Unity has taken up the Re-Spin task to provide the community with the
| chance to install Fedora with recent updates already included. These updates
| might otherwise comprise more than 700MiB of downloads for a default install.
| This is a community project, for and by the community.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/linux/12404/fedora-unity-releases-updated-fedora-linux-7-re-spins
http://tinyurl.com/34b7zm

Yesterday:

Customized spins of Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| When Fedora 7 was released, one of the big features that we talked about was
| the idea of customized spins of the distribution.
|
| Now that Fedora 8 is on the way, it’s useful to look and see how we have
| done, and what sort of custom spins have been created.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/09/28/customized-spins-of-fedora/

Related:

The Flash preloader at Microsoft uses the Fedora Spinner.

https://www. microsoft.com/ servers/ faces/default.aspx

LinuxLinks Fedora 7 Review (page 1)

,----[ Quote ]
| This year was no different as the Fedora project continued its aggressive six
| month release schedule. Fedora 7, code named “Moonshine”, is the latest
| version of the Red Hat influenced Linux distribution. Fedora regulars will
| note the absence of the word “Core” in the new name. This isn't the only
| change with this release. We'll delve into what's new in 7 as well as review
| Fedora from a desktop standpoint.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/2007072317404089/Fedora_7_Review_Page_1.html

Fedora cleans its repositories, considers move to Free Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Eventually, the project may change its package guidelines to only
| allow Free Software.

Build a Fedora Live CD

,----[ Quote ]
`----