Re: Microsoft caught red handed astroturfing (again)

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 29 September 2007 17:29 : \____

http://consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20061128161343183

http://web.archive.org/web/20070211151916/http://www.cio.com/archive/040106/opensource.html?page=1

>>> Yes, unfortunately dirty politics seems to be more important than fair and
>>> reasonable.  It is not the first time something like this has happened.
>>
>> Nobody will forget what happened in Massachusetts, the home of Free
>> software. We have it all very well recorded. Microsoft corruption at its
>> best.
>>

> Well, we had people like Erik F and Billwg here arguing for years in
> denial of the illegal actions which Microsoft used against, for example,
> DRDOS, but in the end, the truth came out, and was published.  In this
> case, we have the history so well documented at the time that it will be
> impossible for a new generation of deniers to be paid to do this with
> anything remotely resembling even a minor hint of credibility in the
> future.
>
> Microsoft might have to try to compete on merit.  Now wouldn't that be a
> thing?

I've used some of Doug's good posts to summarise some point here:
http://boycottnovell.com/2007/08/03/do-dos-odf-microsoft-sabotage/

Posted another one on this topic the following day.

Shocking stuff.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*