[News] [Rival] Wow. Windows Vista is Scary.

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Wow. Windows Vista is Scary.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:06:25 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[I've been reading so many Vista reviews, but this one is different:]

Oh, Good Lord! It's Windows Vista!

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, the experience I just had with Windows Vista has lowered my
| opinion of Microsoft by 50%. My laptop runs XP and has 512 MB, and it's
| really fast! Vista's minimum is supposed to be 1 GB, but it should still run
| at least decently at half of that! But no, it doesn't. Microsoft, you have
| disappointed me.
`----

http://blogs.pcworld.com/communityvoices/archives/2007/09/oh_good_lord_it.html

No wonder Microsoft faces risk of lawsuits over Vista in some countries (see
below).

Hello, Microsoft? It's Vista: The sky is falling!

http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisedesktop/archives/2007/09/hello_microsoft.html

| It seems as if the Dutch are tired of Microsoft's finest breaking all the
| time, and they've set up a hotline for consumers complaining about Windows
| Vista.
|
| [..]
|
| Apparently the Consumentenbond (Office of Fair Trading) is vastly unimpressed
| by the fact that it's difficult to buy a new computer without Windows Vista,
| and that the very same operating system causes such a high number of
| problems, which the average user is not equipped to deal with.
|
| If the Consumentenbond finds that too many people are having problems with
| Windows Vista, it may elect to start legal proceedings against Microsoft.
`----

http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/general/hasta_la_vista,_baby

Judge Says 'Windows Vista Capable' Lawsuit Can Proceed

,----[ Quote ]
| A federal judge has ruled that two consumers can proceed with a lawsuit that
| claims Microsoft's "Windows Vista Capable" campaign was misleading.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201305528&subSection=All+Stories

Customer wants to sue the inventor of Windows XP.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://greenshinobi.wordpress.com/2007/08/15/customer-wants-to-sue-the-inventor-of-windows-xp/