Re: [News] Novell's Michael Meeks -- Another OOXML Embracer (Like Miguel "Superb Standar^Hd" de Icaza)

____/ Kier on Friday 28 September 2007 08:55 : \____

> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 01:16:38 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Thursday 27 September 2007 23:34 : \____

>>> Exactly. Roy has been making stuff up.
>>> He is like Mark Kent: Mindlessly hating Novell. Because Novell acted
>>> different than the GPL3-mob wanted them to do

>>> Yes, it is. It takes quite a lot of mindless hatred to read idiocy
>>> like "Another OOXML Embracer" into it
>>>
>>> Roy, whatever you did smoke: Leave it to cretins like DFS or billwg.
>>> It is bad for linux when "advocates" (you *do* advocacy, do you?) are
>>> outright lying and misrepresenting what people actually say.
>>
>> From someone who knows that stuff (not me):
>>
>> "And now that I remember well, the guy who wrote the bootstrap is Michael
>> Meeks, Novell employee, a contributor to the OpenOffice project (not
>> entirely sure if he only contributes to the Novell branch, or to the regular
>> OpenOffice branch as well), old contributor of Gnumeric, close friend of
>> Miguel."
>>
>> http://boycottnovell.com/2007/09/05/silverlight-mono-novell/#comment-1949
>
> So what? Doesn't prove your point one iota.

There was an interview before that (the one which I refer to in the reply to
Stephane. Some of Novell staff obediently follows a strategy that is self
destructive, IMHO.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Othello: http://othellomaster.com
 09:20:01 up 18 days,  7:26,  4 users,  load average: 0.98, 1.65, 2.35