Re: [News] PCLinuxOS Wins Out of the Box, Vista Loses and Punishes (Despite Getting Preinstalled)

____/ Rick on Thursday 27 September 2007 21:20 : \____

>> PClinuxOS 2007.0 Review
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I am a Kubuntu user since version 6.06. However, that hasn't made | me
>> blindly consider (k)ubuntu to be the best linux distro; I am | always
>> open to newcomers. In recent days, PClinuxOS 2007.0 was | released, and
>> quickly hit the top of of the distrowatch charts. | I decided to
>> download it and give this relatively new distribution | a text run on my
>> Acer Aspire 5050 laptop, nicknamed the geebee. `----
>>
>> http://nosrednaekim.wordpress.com/2007/05/30/pclinuxos-20070-review/
>

> ... and yet Ubuntu gets all the press. I don't understand.

Me neither, but Ubuntu has q lot of decent features too, particularly ones that
simplify, say... Flash/gnash and codec installations for a new user. It's
probably simple to achieve in PCLOS too.

I have always said that Ubuntu got popular because of its ditribution of CDs
(free shipping). It's also the reason that I installed the first version of
Ubuntu (4.04).

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Kernel panic - more exciting than being /.'ted
Tasks: 130 total,   1 running, 129 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie