[News] Companies Choose Linux; Sony Sells a Quarter of a Million PSPs in Just 4 Days!

  • Subject: [News] Companies Choose Linux; Sony Sells a Quarter of a Million PSPs in Just 4 Days!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 01:06:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
BizTech News Roundup

,----[ Quote ]
| Companies are using more Linux, the free operating system that is a rival to
| Microsoft’s Windows.
`----

http://blogs.wsj.com/biztech/2007/09/26/biztech-news-roundup-2/?mod=yahoo_hs

Sony sells 250,000 new PSPs in four days

,----[ Quote ]
| Both Sony and Nintendo released their handheld consoles, the PSP and DS,
| respectively, late in 2004. But sales of the PSP, which can play movies,
| music and games, have recently been outshone by the DS Lite, the lighter
| version of the DS.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2110-9595_22-6210153.html

My colleague tells me that PS2, which was sold over 100 million times, is
actually Linuxy underneath. He used to do engineering work with it.