Re: [News] Another Sub-$100 PC is Planned

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 25 September 2007 21:36 : \____

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9782444-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

>> It's likely to run Linux, of course.
>>

> Naturally.  The really excellent thing about this is that we will have
> multiple of these "sub £50" computers available.  The potential for
> schools, hobbiest, clubs, academic use and so on is just incredible.

What I sometimes find incredible is that some of our 'fellow' shills fail to
see why someone would want such a cheap PC for work. It's akin to "let them
have cakes" because Redmond's troops cannot understand that most people are
unable to afford Surface, let alone a $450 PC, which might require saving
money _for years_.

Linux opens doors.

Microsoft loves competition.
"I?m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
they should do a delicate dance"
                --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief