Re: [News] PC World Surrenders to Linux User

[H]omer wrote:

>> Refund for me! PC World buckle to the pressure.
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I went back today and received a refund straight away with no
>> | messing at all.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.dreamstate.eu/home/20070924.html
>
> "It would have been nice to be told why the sudden change of heart. :P
> I received no appology for the mix up or anything."
>
> A sudden U-turn after all that hostility. Hmm, I wonder why?

Probably a 'friendly' call from trading standards officers put them right.

The next target should be windopws pre-install refund.
Acer$ has just lost a case for Abusive Refunds Policy.
They ended up having to pay full refunds, plus 500 euros
extra for maintaining an Abusive Refunds Policy.

I would urge any Linux fan to that if their favourite hardware
comes pre-installed with Windopwz only, then companies should
be contacted and informed of Acer$ and how they just lost a similar
case for Abusive Refunds Policy, and FULL refunds should be offered.
If they don't offer the FULL refund, then the company has
implemented ABUSIVE REFUNDS POLICY. If a wintard claims he has done work
and it now costs him money to refund you in *FULL* so that he
can refund you less money than what you are owed, then the company has
installed an ABUSIVE REFUNDS POLICY. You are not allowed in business
accounting practice to mix trading margins and trading costs.
Though it may be rife in the UK, it is still illegal and will NEVER
win in any court of law. You are supposed to cover your expenses
by setting the correct margins - not have it illegally
booked through your costs.