[News] iPhone - Linux Tablet Shootout (Video)

  • Subject: [News] iPhone - Linux Tablet Shootout (Video)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:07:12 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
So, is the N800 really an iPhone-killer?l

,----[ Quote ]
| Though Nokia's Internet tablet, the N800, has been on the market for quite a
| bit longer than Apple's iPhone, we here at Download Squad have been thinking
| about the N800-iPhone comparison since Steve Jobs first demoed the iPhone
| back in January.
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/09/24/so-is-the-n800-really-an-iphone-killer/

Related:

Nokia pushes for GTK+ 3.0

,----[ Quote ]
| During this years GUADEC Andreas Proschofsky had the chance to sit down with
| Carlos Guerreiro, Nokias Manager for Open Source Software, to talk - amidst
| other things - about the not so different needs of personal computers and
| mobile devices, about the necessity for GTK+ 3.0 and the impact of the iPhone
| launch.
`----

http://derstandard.at/?url=/?id=2983710

Nokia director speaks on Linux, open source

,----[ Quote ]
| "Linux is the launching pad you need to stand on to be productive," said
| Nokia's open source director, Ari Jaaksi, at LinuxWorld Wednesday. "We have
| never managed to bring out a product in such a short time, with so few
| resources," he added, referring to Nokia's Linux-based Internet tablets.

Ubuntu Mobile On the Nokia 770/N800?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://linuxuk.blogspot.com/2007/08/ubuntu-mobile-on-nokia-770n800.html