[News] GNOME Made Attractive to Big Companies

  • Subject: [News] GNOME Made Attractive to Big Companies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:36:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
GNOME is very pretty as well. Here is the latest.

Gnome 2.20 the company friendly

,----[ Quote ]
| Gnome 2.20 has been released and the new version has a lot of new features
| that makes it more attractive for the big companies.
`----

http://krillz.com/gnome-220-the-company-friendly/

GNOME 2.20 arrives on Linux desktops

,----[ Quote ]
| The first major update of GNOME, version 2.20, has arrived almost two and a
| half years after GNOME 2.10, its last big step forward. GNOME 2.20 boasts not
| just improvements to the desktop itself, but multiple significant
| improvements to GNOME's applications as well.
`----

http://desktoplinux.com/news/NS5588503913.html

Some other Linux screenshots:

Most amazing Linux desktops!

http://linux4world.blogspot.com/2007/09/most-amazing-linux-desktops.html

Related:

GNOME 2.20 shows significant improvement

,----[ Quote ]
| I was pleased to see improvements in the GNOME Power Manager too. Not only
| does it give you helpful messages regarding power events, it also displays
| warnings to notify you of situations such as wireless mouse batteries running
| low, or a power cable coming unplugged.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119332

GNOME 2.20 Release Notes

,----[ Quote ]
| GNOME 2.20 is the latest version of the GNOME Desktop: a popular,
| multi-platform desktop environment. GNOME's focus is ease of use, stability,
| and first class internationalization and accessibility support. Based on Free
| and Open Source Software, GNOME provides all of the common tools computer
| users expect of a modern computing environment, as well as a flexible and
| powerful platform for software developers.
|
| [...]
|
| These 2.20 release notes are available in several languages: Albanian,
| Catalan, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Macedonian,
| Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, Thai Ukranian, Vietnamese.
`----

http://www.gnome.org/start/2.20/notes/en/

12 Tips for GNOME Users

,----[ Quote ]
| As a desktop, GNOME is standard enough that most computer users can feel
| comfortable within ten minutes of first using it. Yet what always puzzles me
| is how often people fail to explore it beyond the basics. Possibly, they're
| conditioned by Windows, which allows relatively limited customization. But,
| whatever the reason, too often they stoically endure what they could fix if
| only they could find their way around.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3698896

Sneak Peeks at openSUSE 10.3: SUSE-Polished GNOME 2.20

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.opensuse.org/?p=264