[News] Fedora 8 Will Have KDE 4 in Repos, KDE 4 Looks Beautiful

  • Subject: [News] Fedora 8 Will Have KDE 4 in Repos, KDE 4 Looks Beautiful
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:34:52 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Fedora 8 with NetworkManager 0.7 and KDE 4 development/runtime environment

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora development branch got a set of new packages: NetworkManager was
| updated to a development snapshot of version 0.7, and KDE 4 base packages
| found their way into the repository.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/09/23/fedora-8-with-networkmanager-07-and-kde-4-developmentruntime-environment/

KDE 4 (without Compiz Fusion) is prettier than Windows Vista with Aero Glass.

Photo gallery: KDE 4 beta2

http://www.tuxjournal.net/?p=791

Related:

ReviewLinux.Com: Quick Look at the New Fedora Core 8

,----[ Quote ]
| We decided to have a quick look at the new Fedora Core 8. With its GNOME
| Desktop we found this distribution easy to install. Check out our short Flash
| Video about Fedora Core 8!
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/index.php?m=show&id=7017

Fedora 8 Test 2 Release Notes

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the time for all developers, maintainers and testers to contribute to
| the Release Notes.
`----

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F8Test2/ReleaseNotes

Fedora 8 Test 2 [Screenshots]

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 8 Test 2 hit the web this morning and accompanying this release are
| now four LiveCD images.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=835&num=1

Installing Fedora - a video tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Ready to try Linux but want some hand-holding when you do? Here are three
| videos that walk you through the process of installing Fedora GNU/Linux.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/117384

Bluetooth Improvements

,----[ Quote ]
| It used to be that taking advantage of Bluetooth on your system could be
| fiddly, and for the non-power user pretty intimidating; Fedora 8 hopes to
| change this with improvements to the interface and better integration of
| existing systems.
`----

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/BastianNocera

[KDE 4] Plasma backgrounds