[News] Linux Releases: AliXe, Berry Linux; Screenshots of the New KateOS

  • Subject: [News] Linux Releases: AliXe, Berry Linux; Screenshots of the New KateOS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:28:13 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
AliXe v0.11 Xfce (2007-09-22)

http://alixe.org/

Download Berry Linux 0.84 (534.8MB) MD5:b16862df57b5db04e505073dad622910 / by
MetaLink / HDD-Install support

http://berry.sourceforge.jp/

KateOS 3.6 LiveCD

,----[ Quote ]
| Not only was this week marked by the Intel Developer Forum, but the final
| version of KateOS 3.6 was also released earlier in the week. KateOS 3.6
| features a new LiveCD installer, hundreds of updates to packages, a
| software-powered hibernation system, a new version of update-notifier, and
| new internationalization support. KateOS is not nearly as popular as Ubuntu
| or Fedora, but we highly recommend checking it out if you're after a
| Xfce-powered desktop.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=855&num=1

Related:

ReviewLinux.Com: My First Look at KateOS 3.6 Live

,----[ Quote ]
| KateOS 3.6 Live was release just a day ago and after 8 months of development
| I just thought I would take a quick look at it. Enjoy the few screenshots and
| flash video of the desktop in action.
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/index.php?m=show&id=7103

KateOS 3.2: Installation Made Easy

,----[ Quote ]
| Presently KateOS is ranked thirty-third at DistroWatch.
|
| [...]
|
| In general KateOS Live 3.2 Beta seems to run very nice and
| the time I have spent with it so far has definitely been
| enjoyable. In fact, I am considering installing KateOS 3.2
| on a few production machines. Having an installer built
| into the LiveCD has become the de facto standard for Linux
| distributions, and it's great to see KateOS finally shine in this area.
`----

http://www.michaellarabel.com/index.php?k=blog&i=46

KateOS - Getting Better with Age

,----[ Quote ]