Re: [News] Firefox is Secure, Windows is Not (Firefox on Linux is Secure)

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt
<spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 21 Sep 2007 22:37:10 GMT
<pan.2007.09.21.22.37.12.918430@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 06:50:41 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:30:50 +0100
>> <10462961.BaN0yrZU0p@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Firefox Won't Save You from IE Flaws
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.channelinsider.com/article/Firefox+Wont+Save+You+from+IE+Flaws/215558_1.aspx
>>
>> Um...is this an IE flaw, or a WMP flaw, or a Windows flaw? In any event,
>> part of the problem with Windows is that Mozilla has to use Windows
>> services.  While Mozilla on Linux has to use Linux services, said Linux
>> services tend to be much more secure and robust (and limited: Linux does
>> not provide browser functionality as such but merely sockets; the app
>> program and implementation libraries do the rest).
>>
>> [rest snipped]
>
> Can't one just use Mplayer to get around this problem?

What, on Windows?  Good question.  I wish I knew.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #12995733:
bool f(bool g, bool h) { if(g) h = true; else h = false;  return h;}