Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Lied to Media About Office 2007 Sales, Office 2003 Weaknesses Exposed

____/ [H]omer on Friday 21 September 2007 03:57 : \____

>> They lie about Vista, they lie about Office, but it's probably not a
>> crime that will get any of these crooks into prison.
>
> Lying about sales might affect things like stock prices, so perhaps
> there's a legal angle there. If so, then one questions the legality
> of channel stuffing too.
>
> Ultimately it depends on the willingness of the authorities to even
> investigate, let alone prosecute, and given the fact that Dubya is
> probably in Microsoft's back pocket, I don't fancy the chances.

A few minutes ago I commented on an article about XBox360. _Microsoft_ claims
it has sold 11.6 million XBox360s, but the definitions vary wildly, meaning
that they probably count those units that are on the shelf. They can stuff all
at one go, do the quick count, do a press release, bombard journalists via
Steve Rubel and the rest of the brainwashing slime, then walk into the
darkness as it takes many months for the shops' warehouses and shelves to be
emptied.

It's an aggressive marketing tactic and I doubt it's illegal. it certainly
confuses investors, but created hype that give products momentum they do not
deserve.

Charity: compensating for a broken system rather than actually fixing it
Swap:  1510068k total,   766072k used,   743996k free,    48692k cached