Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Lied to Media About Office 2007 Sales, Office 2003 Weaknesses Exposed

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
____/ [H]omer on Friday 21 September 2007 03:57 : \____

They lie about Vista, they lie about Office, but it's probably not a
crime that will get any of these crooks into prison.
Lying about sales might affect things like stock prices, so perhaps
there's a legal angle there. If so, then one questions the legality
of channel stuffing too.

Ultimately it depends on the willingness of the authorities to even
investigate, let alone prosecute, and given the fact that Dubya is
probably in Microsoft's back pocket, I don't fancy the chances.

A few minutes ago I commented on an article about XBox360. _Microsoft_ claims
it has sold 11.6 million XBox360s, but the definitions vary wildly, meaning
that they probably count those units that are on the shelf. They can stuff all
at one go, do the quick count, do a press release, bombard journalists via
Steve Rubel and the rest of the brainwashing slime, then walk into the
darkness as it takes many months for the shops' warehouses and shelves to be
emptied.

It's an aggressive marketing tactic and I doubt it's illegal. it certainly
confuses investors, but created hype that give products momentum they do not
deserve.

An old joke: What's the difference between a use car salesman and a sofware salesman? At least the used car salesman knows he's lying.