[News] Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring Prepares for Release; CrunchBang Linux 8.04.01 is Out

  • Subject: [News] Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring Prepares for Release; CrunchBang Linux 8.04.01 is Out
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 13:31:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring release warm up

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring release warm up programme has begun: 300 early
| seeders have been contacted and have started to seed the torrents. Be ready
| to download Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring in the very next days!
`----

http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Mandriva_Linux_2008_Spring_warm-up?language=en

Bits and pieces about the Distro

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva Spring right on time!
|
| We are delivering our Spring Distro on time, i.e., on the very same day we
| had planned 6 months ago. Thanks to the hard work of the developers in
| France, Brazil and elsewhere, thanks to the help of all the contributors,
| without whom none of this could happen, and thanks to Anne’s – how should I
| put it– gentle, but very firm stewardship. It’s a great distro and we’re
| proud of it.
`----

http://blog.mandriva.com/2008/04/08/bits-and-pieces-about-the-distro/

CrunchBang Linux 8.04.01 Release Notes

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the third release of CrunchBang Linux. This release is based on the
| current development version of Ubuntu, "Hardy Heron". As with the previous
| releases, I have developed CrunchBang Linux for personal use; however, I have
| released it as a download on the off chance that others may find it useful.
`----

http://crunchbang.org/archives/2008/04/08/crunchbang-linux-8-dot-04-dot-01-release-notes/

Related:

Mandriva and Novatice Technologies present Edutice, The ready to use solution
dedicated to educationand multimedia spaces

,----[ Quote ]
| Edutice enables work spaces to be automatically deployed on schoolroom,
| archive centre or library computers.
|
| Mandriva, the leading European Linux publisher, and Novatice Technologies,
| are developing in partnership information technology solutions to permit the
| management and dynamic creation of work environments.
`----

http://www.mandriva.com/enterprise/en/company/press/mandriva-and-novatice-technologies-present-edutice-the-ready-to-use-solution-dedica

Mandriva Linux selected as "Product of the Year 2007" at the Russian Softool
event

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva has been selected as 'Product of the Year 2007' in the Linux
| category at the Softool exhibition in Moscow. The 'Product of the Year 2007'
| competition was held by the department of information technologies and
| computing systems of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Federal Agency of
| Information Technologies, the publishing house SK Press, and IT-expo.
|
| [...]
|
| Mandriva Linux will also soon be certified by the Federal Service of Export
| and Technical Control, allowing public sector agencies and organizations
| dealing with confidential information to use Mandriva Linux.
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/nov/19/mandriva_linux_selected_as_product_of_the_year_2007_at_the_russian_softool_event

Russian public agencies choose Mandriva

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva development is carried out jointly by Mandriva's offices in Russia,
| France and Brazil. The Mandriva Linux OS is thus considered a national OS for
| Russia. The decision of FSTEC of the Russian Federation (RF) implied that
| Russian public agencies will be authorised to use the Mandriva Linux OS on
| PCs running confidential information.
`----

http://www.mandriva.com/company/press/pr/russian_public_agencies_choose_mandriva

First look: CrunchBang - A faster Ubuntu! - Fast and furious Ubuntu for geeks!

,----[ Quote ]
| CrunchBang is a fast and good looking Ubuntu remaster. It
| includes a lot of useful tools, scripts and applications. Give it a try!
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-look-CrunchBang-A-faster-Ubuntu-77535.shtml

CrunchBang Linux 7.10.02 Release Notes

`----