[News] Lots of Choice in GNU/Linux-Based Free Television Software

Free/Open-source Television Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Watching live or recorded TV feeds using a desktop computer is made possible
| using television software. Most TV software applications nowadays are
| integrated into media center programs with playback support for almost all
| kinds of media contents such as audio, video, image files and even RSS feeds.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/04/freeopen-source-television-software.html

Huge list. Impressive.

Recent:

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

| you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

Related:

Linux is de facto OS for TV set-top boxes

,----[ Quote ]
| "The major chipset manufacturers are introducing new Linux platforms
| almost monthly," said Ken Helps, managing director of Ocean Blue Software.
|
| The attraction is that the Linux operating system will support
| advanced functions without requiring a license fee.
`----

http://www.edn.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA6426925&partner=eb&spacedesc=news
http://tinyurl.com/2zofx9

Linux in more than 90% of top supercomputers

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2007/11/15/linux-in-more-than-90-of-top-supercomputers/
http://tinyurl.com/2rponk