[News] Open Source Company Alfresco Sees Business (Sales) Tripling

Alfresco's sales up 320 percent, hits 30,000 active deployments

,----[ Quote ]
| Frankly, even Microsoft could use this model - as Marc Fleury pointed out to
| me earlier this week - without skipping a beat. It could adopt Red Hat's
| model tomorrow without sacrificing its billions in profit. If anything, it
| should grow with a model that focuses on widespread, cheap distribution.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9913953-16.html

Another newcomer?

TeleFlow Open Source Creates a New Network

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, engenic Corporation unveiled the TeleFlow Developers Network (TFDN).
| This new resource has been created specifically for developers, host
| companies and resellers who strive to deliver superior applications to a
| global market. Heavily adopting open source principles, this initiative is
| aimed at positioning TeleFlow as the premier telecommunications application
| development environment.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20080408/bs_prweb/prweb829874_2

"I’d be glad to help tilt lotus into into the death spiral. I could do it
Friday afternoon but not Saturday. I could do it pretty much any time the
following week."

                                --Brad Silverberg, Microsoft

Related:

Linux Market to Triple by 2012