Re: wang wang wang...

____/ Linonut on Tuesday 08 April 2008 12:23 : \____

>> ____/ chrisv on Monday 07 April 2008 20:39 : \____

>>> I'd guess it's some sort of fsckwit circle-jerk.
>>
>> The more noise the Munchkins are making, the more uncomfortable they feel.
>> It means Linux is doing well. Look at extremities. Had Linux vanished, would
>> they be here at all?
>
> I dunno, Roy, some of those in the list are more like Butt-Munches,
> rather than Munchkins.

They know how to hide.

http://www.groklaw.net/comment.php?mode=display&sid=20080331212042460&title=MS+shill+blogs---+Groklaw+unfair&type=article&order=&hideanonymous=0&pid=684674#c684703

MS shill blogs--- Groklaw unfair

Authored by: PJ on Tuesday, April 01 2008 @ 03:59 AM EDT

,----[ Quote ]
| boo hoo
|
| I don't do that. It's not well known. It's SCO
| that used to claim that, if you remember. I loved
| the moment when Darl said he liked Slashdot, because
| it was really free discussions. Hahahaha.
| Doug said that not because it is true but because
| Microsoft can't compete with decency, so they have
| to slime the other side. He did the same thing
| to Yoon-Kit, if you recall. Slime, slime, slime.
| It's what they do.
|
| I saw what Microsoft did to Slashdot. Any time
| you have moderation by the community, you open
| yourself up to hordes of Microsoft shills showing
| up and eventually taking over. Microsoft has
| too much money, and they can throw more and more
| troops into battle. That's the impression I formed,
| anyway.
|
| I don't want Groklaw ruined, so when I find
| what I believe are astroturfers
| and shills pretending to be FOSS people, I do
|            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| throw their fannies over the fence. I give
| them every chance to cut it out and stay, but
| if they persist, they are outahere. It's in
| our comments policy, so it shouldn't be a
| surprise.
|
| I didn't know Doug was one of them, until now.
|
| That doesn't mean they can't read and comment
| but they can't do it as members, because Groklaw
| is for group work, and I really don't want
| people who are only here to disrupt to be
| members.
|
| I could tell you some stories. We even had a
| lawyer who had done work for Microsoft show up,
| pretending to be a community person.
|
| He didn't say he was a lawyer or that he was
| connected to Microsoft in any way, but I knew
| his name. So we had a private
| little discussion. I told him that he could
| express himself freely but only if he told
| all of you who he was here representing.
|
| Not one comment after that. I didn't expel
| him, but I was disgusted.
|
| We had a guy from CompTIA also. He pretended he
| was just expressing his personal views, not
| the company. So I mentioned that I doubted that,
| since he was posting from CompTIA. Again, no
| further comments were ever posted. With him too
| I didn't expel him or remove his comments, but
| I let him know that I expected him to be honest.
| That's what Groklaw is about. I don't think
| anyone has the right to come to someone's web
| site and play underhanded games.
|
| We have other Microsoft names you'd know who are
| members. I doubt they are here to participate
| in what we do. I don't out them, of course, as
| long as they stay within the guidelines for
| behavior here.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit
Tasks: 114 total,   1 running, 113 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie