Re: [News] Microsoft ActiveX Controls Strike Again, Dumping Recommended

> New Attack Kit Targets Bag of ActiveX Bugs
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Bugs in ActiveX, a Microsoft technology used most often to create add-ons for
>| the company's Internet Explorer (IE) browser, have always been common, but so
>| many serious flaws have been disclosed of late that some security experts
>| have recommended users do without them.
> `----
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,144214-pg,1/article.html
>
> Be prepared: ActiveX attacks will persist
> Will Microsoft Change How ActiveX Runs in IE 8?
> Rogue ActiveX controls menace users
> RealPlayer (ActiveX) Attack Circulating
> Yahoo! battered by second ActiveX vulnerability
> Way Too ActiveX
> Acer puts Active X hole on laptops
> Adobe Confirms 'Critical' Reader, Acrobat Exploits With IE
> Month of ActiveX bugs project begins with two Office flaws

Ironically, our company is pushing to digitally sign all emails (because
of the frequency of spoofing), and you have to use ActiveX in order to
get the certificate.

Funny as a crutch.

I had a player miss three soccer games because I didn't realize that
her company was filtering out my team emails as spam.

And yet we have idiots claiming that Microsoft has only a beneficent
effect on IT.  Microsoft is a cancer.

--
Like almost everyone who uses e-mail, I receive a ton of spam every day. Much
of it offers to help me get out of debt or get rich quick. It would be funny if