Re: ISO to announce Microsoft Open XML result Wednesday

> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 01 April 2008 07:22 : \____

>>> ____/ Rick on Tuesday 01 April 2008 02:16 : \____

>>> Win /what/? Bad reputation? It has done this already, so why not go for the
>>> jackpot.
>>>
>>> Experts in this opine that Microsoft may come to regret these crimes. Other
>>> jokingly say that people should be jailed, which is probably true, but
>>> Microsoft is above the law.
>>>

>> I'm not surprised they're keeping this quiet.  I wouldn't mind betting
>> that Microsoft were unsuccessful, so ISO are using today, All Fools Day,
>> in order to try to squeeze some more votes from somewhere.
>>
>> BSI, the British Standards Institute, has been corrupted.
>
> That's for sure, but Stephane informed me about this over a month ago when he
> saw the 'smoking gun' reappointment. That's when I said openly (in a site
> even) that BSI had been corrupted... even before I knew about the change from
> a NO to a YES (without any reason given).
>
> How can a corrupted national body like BSI be brought to justice? Can stuffers
> be sentenced?

I'm sure that those involved can have a spotlight shone on them.  I'm
also very sure that those running BSI at the moment can be called to
question, and perhaps we could look for less corruptible folk to be put
in place instead?

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |