Re: ISO to announce Microsoft Open XML result Wednesday

____/ Rick on Tuesday 01 April 2008 11:08 : \____

> On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 05:13:12 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ Rick on Tuesday 01 April 2008 02:16 : \____

>>> Is there really any doubt Microsoft will win?
>>
>> Win /what/? Bad reputation? It has done this already, so why not go for
>> the jackpot.
>
> I have no doubt OXML will become an ISO standard. It is the way of the
> world.

But at what /cost/? The US too could claim that nuking Japan had made them
a 'winner', but it never made them popular with the east.

>> Experts in this opine that Microsoft may come to regret these crimes.
>> Other jokingly say that people should be jailed, which is probably true,
>> but Microsoft is above the law.
>
> ... my point, exactly.
>
> Maybe, just maybe, the world will publicly see Microsoft, and it's
> managers for what they are. I doubt it.

The least we can do is spread the word.

Maths applied to numbers is like logic applied to statistics. Statistics are
lies.
roy      pts/3        cg093a.halls.man Tue Apr  1 08:53   still logged in