[News] Sydney Morning Herald: End of the road [for Windows]

End of the road

,----[ Quote ]
| Galen Gruman, a technology journalist, wants to save Windows XP. He has set
| up a "Save XP" petition (SaveXP.com) in protest at Microsoft dropping Windows
| XP at the end of June. This will leave consumers with little choice but to
| buy Vista or switch to Mac or Linux.
`----                           ^^^^^

http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/archives/017960.html

Microsoft pays a lot of its shills at the moment for fake 'studies' and press
that cites it (Forrester, Jupiter, Gartner).

The brainwash machine is active as Microsoft goes hysterical over the state of
unmaintainable Windows (Linux is the #1 threat, so it tries to pull FOSS over
to Windows) and the stagnation of desktop PCs (companies like Google).

Crime? Microsoft is full of it. Just watch the OOXML scandals. Microsoft &
Ecosystem show us the cult that they are.

| "Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated with mental
| deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."
| Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever. Make
| the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the mythology of
| the computer industry. We want to place selection pressure on those companies
| and individuals that show a genetic weakness for competitors' technologies,
| to make the industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over
| time."
`----

                                --- Microsoft, internal document
                                http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf