Re: [News] McAfee Attacks Free Software Again, "Libel" Claimed by Matt Asay

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Wednesday 16 April 2008 22:09 : \____

http://www.disastercenter.com/cdc/Death%20rates%20for%20113%20selected%20causes%20by%20race%20and%20sex%202005.html

> All causes: 825.9 deaths per 100,000
> Malignant neoplasms (cancer): 188.7
> Major cardiovascular diseases: 288.8
> Accidents: 39.7
> Transport accidents: 16.3
> Motor vehicle accidents: 15.3
> Accidental discharge of firearms: 0.3
> Suicide: 11.0
>   (by firearms: 5.7)
> Homicide: 6.1
>   (by firearms: 4.2)
>
> The table gives a breakdown on sex and race if one is so
> inclined, but the conclusion is clear: motor vehicles do
> kill more per 100,000 than guns -- 15.3 versus 10.2.
>
> ;-)

Disease is a very general term that describes a physical condition, such as a
condition you're left in after corporal incidents...

I suppose you could say heart attacks, but again, this is caused by various
different things also.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Reclaim your workstation - install GNU/Linux today
 00:00:01 up 2 days, 22:12,  3 users,  load average: 1.36, 1.22, 1.27