Re: [News] Ashley "only 600 Linux users" Highfield quits the MSBBC

> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 17 April 2008 10:32 : \____
>
>> Ezekiel <a@xxxxx> espoused:
>>>
>>> "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> If you COLA nuts are so smart and these guys so clueless then why is it
>>> that these guys are the ones in a position of authority and running things.
>>> Why aren't you COLA know-it-all's calling the shots?
>>>

>> Err, Ashley Highfield just lost his job.
>
> There was a 'cute' article in the... errr... MSBBC Web site about it. As you
> can imagine, it's all glorification, excuses, whatever...

Quite.  They've never explained what happened to all the money, or why
it was possible to get the flash version up in a few weeks, or why
there's no Linux version, and no plans for a Linux version.  The BBC has
*so much* to hide, here.

> For all it seems, Ashley's former division as whole came under fire from many
> directions and what broke the camel's back were some rude remarks he made
> about ISPs who complained. That's the impression I got anyway.

As the ISPs were the BBCs transport mechanism, unpaid, it seemed amazing
to me that he'd do such a thing.  It was very Microsoft.

> Now he's on some project kangaroo or something. Hopping jobs, eh? :-)

Hehe...

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |